A Leading HFC Refrigerant Replacement
Freon™ MO79 (R-422a) refrigerant is a non-ozone depleting hydrofluorocarbon (HFC) refrigerant and one of the leading alternatives used to replace hydrochlorofluorocarbon (HCFC) blends. It can be used as a replacement for:
Freon™ MO79 (R-422a) is used for retrofit and new low- and medium-temperature commercial and industrial direct expansion refrigeration systems, including:
- Food service equipment
- Supermarket display cases
- Food storage and processing
- Ice machines
Features and Benefits
Freon™ MO79 refrigerant is compatible with traditional and new lubricants, including mineral (MO), alkylbenzene (AB), and polyolester (POE) oils. In most cases, the lubricant does not need to be changed during retrofit. If you have questions, please contact us.
In addition to allowing the use of existing equipment, Freon™ MO79 also:
- Has a lower discharge temperature vs. R-22, which may prolong compressor life
- Improves cooling capacity vs. R-22 in many operating conditions
- Has comparable cooling capacity to R-404A and R-507
- Achieves a 20% lower global warming potential (GWP) than R-404A and R-507
- Enables efficient, cost-effective, easy retrofits
Regulations on the long-term use of refrigerants vary by region and application, and may change over time. For the latest information, visit the Regulations page.
If you're looking for a low GWP alternative, consider the portfolio of Opteon™ refrigerants by Chemours.