Returning Empty Refrigerant Cylinders in North America
Cylinders sold in North America that last contained Opteon™ refrigerants can be returned to Chemours for a refund of the cylinder deposit or for cylinder inspection.
The process starts by completing an online return authorization form, which differs in the United States and Canada. Cylinders should then be prepared for return. They must be properly secured, valves checked to ensure they are closed, banded/wrapped on pallet, and stacked no higher than two pallets high.
Contact Chemours for additional information.
Procedures to Follow in the United States
To return cylinders located in the United States, follow these steps:
- Complete a Return Authorization (RA) form. Chemours will send an email confirming that your return request was received.
- Once completed, a Bill-of-Lading (BOL) will be issued.
- Affix the proper product return identification tag to the cylinders being returned.
- Follow the procedures that specify the minimum number of cylinders that can be returned and how the cylinders should be packed for shipment.
For additional information on Chemours' cylinder return process, please view the Empty Cylinder Return Checklist and How to Return Chemours' Cylinders information guide.
Procedures to Follow in Canada
To return cylinders located in Canada, follow these steps:
- Prepare cylinders for return. Shipment must be at least 75% Chemours-owned cylinders.
- Complete an online Bill of Lading (BOL). Chemours will send an email confirming that your return request was received.
- A second email will include a return authorization number, confirm details of your request, and provide the name of the carrier that will transport the cylinders.
- Print BOL and attach a copy to the shipment as a packing list. Contact Chemours for a Cylinder Return Tag and affix to the cylinder.
- Wait for the carrier to contact you to confirm a pickup date.
- Upon receiving and confirming the materials and quantity received by Greetham Industrial Services, credit will be issued.
For additional information on Chemours' cylinder return process, please contact us.