A Field-Proven Refrigerant That Replaces R-22 Without Requiring an Oil Change
Since fluorochemical refrigerants were introduced to the market more than 85 years ago, the Freon™ brand has been developing and evolving the chemistry behind them. Among those products is Freon™ MO99™ (R-438A), a retrofit refrigerant for R-22 that does not require an oil change.
Freon™ MO99™ works with:
- Residential and commercial air conditioning systems (rooftop and indoor packages units, direct expansion chillers, split systems)
- Low- and medium-temperature refrigeration systems (self-contained and rack systems, condensing units)
Features and Benefits
Of all the "no oil change" replacement refrigerants, Freon™ MO99™ offers the closest performance match to R-22. Freon™ MO99™ has compatibility with all traditional and new lubricants, including mineral oil (MO), polyolester (POE) oil, and alkylbenzene (AB) oil.
Freon™ MO99™ significantly lowers discharge temperatures, which may extend compressor life. It facilitates easy retrofitting in which the technician simply recovers the R-22, replaces critical seals, charges the Freon™ MO99™ refrigerant, and monitors for leaks.
Converting to Freon™ MO99™ also:
- Minimizes time needed for adjustments and subsequent service calls
- Doesn't require an expansion valve or line set changes
- Achieves a 42% lower global warming potential (GWP) than R-404A
- Makes maintenance easy–once the retrofit is complete, the system can simply be topped off with Freon™ MO99™
Contact us for more information about Freon™ MO99™.
Regulations on the long-term use of refrigerants vary by region and application, and may change over time. For the latest information, visit the Regulations page.
If you're looking for a low GWP alternative, consider the portfolio of Opteon™ refrigerants by Chemours.